Pet Massage: Pampering your best friend
Oct 5, 2016
How do you feel about pet massage therapy? Like many the idea of a pet getting a massage is comical but for other people it has become a holistic approach to their furry friends health care.
We all know the benefits of massage for us humans such as the many forms of pain-relief, relaxation, blood circulation, recovery, and other countless benefits. So why not consider massage is a great way to maintain your pet's health specially when they start getting older and they start to get more stiffness and fatigue?
Here is a list of benefits of massage therapy for pets from our friends at Heal Animal Massage Therapy:
- Reduces anxiety
- Shortens healing time of strained muscles and sprained ligaments
- Aids in digestion
- Fosters a feeling of well-being
- Reduces pain and swelling (including intervertabral, joint and muscle)
- Decreases blood pressure
- Strengthens the immune system
- Reduces formation of excessive scar tissue (less scar tissue build up means better mobility)
- Reduces muscle spasms
- Helps relieve muscle tension and stiffness
- Provides greater joint flexibility and increases range of motion
- Improves proprioception (the outside information feedback mechanism in the animal's body that helps with movement and balance)
- Stimulates liver and kidney functions
- Improves circulation of blood and movement of lymphatic fluids
- Promotes deeper and easier breathing
- Enhances the health and nourishment of the skin and coat
Now days there are countless places all over the country for you to take your pet and get a pet massage you just have to do a google search. Also letting them sit in your massage chair would also be beneficial. Only you know whats best for your pets.
Check out some of these pets treating themselves to a nice massage on a massage chair they sure seems to be enjoying it.